Are you passionate about men’s mental health in the community, with experience and relationships in the sector? Are you a relationship-oriented leader with strong business acumen?
We are looking for an Executive Officer to ensure The Banksia Project (Banksia) remains a growing, viable and vibrant organisation. The priorities for this role include preparing the strategic plan in partnership with the board, operationalising and executing this plan, fundraising and sponsorships, and providing robust day to day management leadership.
This role reports to the Board of Directors via the Chair.
If you have experience in the mental health sector, particularly in men’s mental health services, have existing experience with the Government health sector and other relevant charity organisations, a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong strategic relationships with relevant stakeholders, have shown an ability to fundraise with both the public and commercial sector and are a relationship-focused commercial minded people leader, we would be interested in hearing from you.
ABOUT THE BANKSIA PROJECT
Banksia is focused on early intervention and prevention in mental health for men. The Banksia Project works together with the community, mental health professionals, industry leaders and professional bodies across Australia to create and support the running of community based support groups that increase self-awareness and encourage positive lifestyle choices amongst men.
Banksia’s two key programs include our Growth Rooms – supportive mental health community networks and our Garden Rooms – quarterly events which invite the public to hear from respected high profile speakers and leaders on a range of different mental health topics.
Banksia’s programs are supported by mental health professionals to ensure they are safe and effective.
The Executive Officer is responsible for managing activities such as administration, fundraising, marketing, and operations, as well as developing the strategic plan in partnership with the board. Importantly, the candidate will manage and ensure the program director has all resources necessary, to deliver on our community and corporate program execution Other key duties include financial management, working closely with the Chair and Board on strategic direction, and operational management.
- Financial Performance and Viability: Ensures the effective financial operation of the organisation and its sustainability.
- Organisation Mission and Strategy: Works collaboratively with board and other team members to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Governance: Reporting to the Board through the Board Chair to ensure the operational running of the organisation is consistent with the strategy endorsed by the Board and within agreed budget frameworks. Works with Board in order to fulfil the organisation’s mission.
- Organisation Operations: Oversees and deploys appropriate resources to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the organisation.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree qualified in a relevant field with a minimum of 5 years experience as a senior executive in similar role, demonstrated experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors
- High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organisation’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organisation’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Excellent stakeholder relations skills, understanding of funding sources and the ability to identify partnership and growth opportunities
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organisations of influence including funders, donors, corporate organisations, Government agencies and potential strategic partners.
- Demonstrated experience in budget management and reporting including budget preparation, analysis, and monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills and the demonstrated ability to represent the organisation at high level external meetings, negotiations and in the media.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy and the ability to remain focused whilst adapting to emerging events and priorities.